Monday, May 11, 2009

Jacaranda memories





I will never forget the day I was on a walk in the area of my home in Sydney. I was in a neighborhood of small homes spaced closely together. As I walked I was approaching an open area and in just seconds I had a view that I will never forget. Below me was an area of homes that were built in a forest of jacaranda trees! Literally hundreds... all in full purple splendor! The sight took my breath away. The color was vibrant and the blooms were huge. I didn't know the name of the tree but since that time I have seen many jacarandas, although nothing has compared to that area of Sydney. (it would have been November, their spring)

The jacarandas are in bloom in Scottsdale. Even though we lived here before I never noticed them. Perhaps that is because they are not nearly as magnificent as those in Oz, or perhaps because I've gained new eyes for seeing things in a different way as I get older. Memories and present day all have their place in this complicated thing we call life!

Here's a post in memory of Sydney's jacarandas!

Cheers!

No comments: